Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Spilling the beans

t was my plan to tell our parents first-as soon as the pregnancy was confirmed, but let's be honest, things don't always go as planned. My best friend, Karen, is visiting from California this week, so we had a day planned on Monday (7/27). Another close friend of mine, Erica, was tagging along, so it was the 3 of us hanging out and gabbing, talking about old times, new times, and growing up. Karen doesn't really want kids as of right now, she's about to marry her soulmate and she has the life she loves. So she was talking about being grossed out by pregnancy (not really in a mean way) and started to say "when you get pregnant..." I just looked at her with a giant grin on my face and said "I am, I'm pregnant." They both congratulated me, but without much fanfare. I'm sure it didn't really come as a shock to them though. Later, another one of Karen's friends joined us, and has we were talking, I pretty much told her too. Brad was the next to spill. He told his boss, just in case he needed to adjust his schedule for the upcoming train of doctor's appointments. Next came happy hour Wednesday with our old manager and director from work to catch up. Of course, preggo me was drinking water. So when one of them asked me what I wanted and I said "I'm good" the cat was out of the bag. Without hesitation she said (all in one breath I think) "Why are you drinking water? Wait are you pregnant? Oh my God, you're pregnant!!!" Neither of us even said a word, but I'm sure my giant grin and Brad's smirk gave us away instantly. Let's see, from there I told one of my current supervisors and Brad told a friend. But we're done for now. Our parents just have to be the next to know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment