Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Peanut update

It's been so long since I've posted, but honestly, it's been an uneventful few weeks. I seem to have avoided the brunt of morning sickness altogether. Aside from the obvious fatigue, I haven't been feeling pregnant at all, which of course keeps me nice and worried, lol. We went on vacation 8/31 to 9/7, no alcohol, no hot tub, and only 1 day of sun, but it was still nice to get away! We made our very first baby purchase, which I'm absolutely in love with. I had my first OB appointment, which was basically a consult and normal exam. Pap Smear, breast exam, and attempted ultrasound that didn't show much on the outdated machine.

I went for the 1st of 2 appointments for Sequential Screening tonight (9/15), which consisted of an ultrasound and a finger prick blood test. Basically they're looking for anything indicating a higher risk for Down's Syndrome, Trisomy 18, and Open Neural Tube defects. The abdominal ultrasound was a bit blurry, but it was amazing just the same. Our little peanut had eyes, a nose, a mouth, a chin, arms, legs, he's looking like a little baby for sure. He (or she) was wiggling around like crazy and waving his little arm at us. Peanut wouldn't sit still!! The heartbeat was 161bpm, so still going strong, and everything looked great so far!

I bought a Doppler off of Ebay, so hopefully I'll be able to listen to the little reassuring heartbeat on my own soon! I can't wait Big Smile

Our First Baby Purchase

11 week 1 day Ultrasound

No comments:

Post a Comment