Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Here Come the Symptoms! Week of 8/10/2009

Ok, so maybe not the bad and horrid ones that most women complain of, but this week I did start to feel pregnant. Granted, it's worse on somedays than others. I still have the frequent peeing I think I mentioned in an earlier blog. This week started the fatigue. Please understand, being overweight and diabetic, feeling tired is nothing new for me, but the last few days it's been more than usual. I like to go to bed early, but passing out on the couch at 7:30 is a bit much, even for me. Work is like endless torture. I envy all the women that get to take naps throughout the day, God, I wish I was that lucky. But please, don't think I'm complaining. I'm so happy to be pregnant, I'll take the good with the bad. I vowed to be the happiest pregnant lady ever-come what may-as long as my baby is healthy.

I think my food cravings and aversions are starting to kick in now too. I made tacos the other day and was nauseous as soon as I sat down to eat. I got through 3 of them, but I definitely didn't feel good after. Sometimes, I just stare at the food options around me and can't find anything that looks or sounds good. As for cravings, well, I'm not sure if they're real or just normal fat girl wants, but there's definitely been a few things I thought of and had to have. Brad's been really sweet about it. Yesterday I was running through different things that sounded good in my head and my thoughts landed on a Friendly's Chicken Parm Melt with french fries and buffalo sauce to dip the fries in. I actually emailed poor Brad a picture of it in an effort to make him see my point. I pretty much wrote it off though since we really don't have the money for take-out right now, so I was overjoyed when I asked Brad what he wanted for dinner. I was about to run off the list of his options when he said "I thought you wanted Friendly's?" What a good hubby!!

I've been pretty lucky in that the morning sickness has stayed away so far. I get a few instances of dizziness occasionally, but I think that could just be the fatigue. I've also avoided the dreaded constipation so far, yay! My breasts are only mildly tender these days and I don't feel bloated or anything. All in all, I feel great.

I guess the only downside to not succumbing to all the horrid symptoms is the fear the the baby is not growing or something is wrong. But I'm not cramping or bleeding, so there's no sign of any catastrophe as of yet. Hopefully our ultrasound on Friday will show some progress!!

No comments:

Post a Comment